If you haven’t had the pleasure of working with Ben Evers, I can tell you that he’s one funny guy. Ben came to our company in August 2013. He came for an interview with us for his first job out of college at Colorado State University. After meeting with our controller at the time, Ben was heading home and got a call to come right back and meet Buddy! Ben said the second he met Buddy, he knew he wanted to work here. He started as a staff accountant for River Valley Restaurants.
Since then, the company has grown substantially, and Ben was promoted to a Senior Accountant in April 2015. He now does the accounting for North Star and oversees the accountants responsible for River Valley, Empire, Atlantic Star and Bighorn.
Ben was born in Loveland, Colorado, but grew up in Parachute on the Western Slope of the Rockies. He has 3 brothers and 1 sister with a 20 year gap between the oldest and youngest sibling. He started hunting at age 7 and still likes water fowl and pheasant hunting today. Growing up, Ben played all kinds of sports: golf, football, basketball, track, wrestling and his favorite was baseball where he was 2nd Team All-State.
Earlier this year, Ben got married to his wife, Kelsey. They currently live in Firestone, where she is a 5th grade teacher. They have a dog named Zoey, who they are training to be a hunting dog. Together they enjoy hiking, good craft beer, and going out to dinner.
Ben’s future plan is to finish his CMA degree which is a Certified Managerial Accountant. Ben and Kelsey also want to buy a house and have kids someday, but his dream is to end up around the mountains in Montana.
Some Interesting Facts About Ben:
- Astrological Sign: Cancer
- Favorite Color: Blue
- Favorite Food: Shepherd’s Pie
- Place He Would Most Like to Visit: New Zealand
- Childhood Dream Job: Ben’s was a bit evolving. He first wanted to be an MLB player, then Navy Seal, then Air Force Pilot, then Professional Hunting Guide.
- Little Known Fact(s): Both of Ben’s ring fingers are double-jointed. He’s one amazing World of Warcraft player, although he didn’t want to elaborate. One month after starting with Lund Brown, he had to spend some time in the Emergency Room to have his gall bladder removed.