Bobby Medlen began his career with Hardee’s in Huntsville, AL in May of 1973. Starting as an hourly employee, he worked his way through the ranks to become an assistant manager, general manger, district manager, and regional director of operations. His last position with Hardee’s corporate was as a Franchise Business Consultant. Bobby then left that to move over to the franchise side going to work with a small 11 store franchisee in South Carolina, Carolina Food Systems, as their Chief Operations Officer. He left there in 2005 as that company was experiencing some down sizing. In order to look out for his family, he spent a short time with the Krystal Company. In February of 2008, Buddy came calling when he purchased the Atlanta market, and Bobby moved to Georgia to manage 18 of the then 29 total Hardee’s locations. He has been with us ever since and is now an Operating Partner. He said it’s been a whirlwind of exciting growth!
Bobby was born in Huntsville, Alabama and lived in the small country town of New Market, AL until leaving for Myrtle Beach, South Carolina in 1980 to accept a district manager position. After a 5 year stay there and a short year in Raleigh, NC, Bobby and his wife, Kathy, relocated to the Charleston, SC area where they spent almost 19 years. Bobby and Kathy have been married for 41 years and have two great kids, Jennifer and Daniel. They also have a son-in-law, Joe, and daughter-in-law, Sara, that seem as close as the kids. Their three grandchildren are Abigail, McCarron, and Graham.
In his free time, Bobby said that over the years it has become more about family and grandkids. His working career has had him on the road far too often he says. Bobby also loves golf and Alabama football. He tries to make it to as many games as possible.
Some Interesting Facts About Bobby:
- Astrological Sign: Aries
- Favorite Color: Crimson Through & Through
- Favorite Food: Kathy’s Country Fried Steak & Gravy
- Place He Would Most Like To Visit: Augusta National Golf Club (inside the ropes with his clubs and caddy)
- Favorite Hobby: Golf, but it’s becoming more like work!
- Childhood Dream Job: He’s doing it
- Little Known Fact: Bobby and Kathy are avid concert goers. Here’s a sample of some of the shows they’ve seen, just to name a few: Bob Segar, The Eagles (many times), Paul McCartney (many times), George Strait, George Jones, Randy Travis, Alan Jackson, Alabama, The Guess Who, Rare Earth, The Grass Roots, Reba, Madonna, Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Barry Manilow, Hootie & The Blowfish, Brooks & Dunn, Neil Diamond, The Doobie Brothers, Eric Clapton, Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel at Madison Square Garden, Elton John, Rod Stewart, Peter Frampton, Little River Band, Robert Plant & Jimmy Paige, Alabama, and Elvis…4 TIMES!!